Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

CPU Opening of Lights

CPU Opening of lights started late (Pinoy Time) from the original 6pm to 8pm. When the lights were turned off, there was a loud scream, just to spook out the onlookers, one by one, candle lanterns begin to fly. A bit later, hundreds of them are seen floating through the air. A few minutes later, a countdown started, until the lights were turned on. Fireworks broke out and it ended with a bang. People cheered and sang for the spirit of Christmas is nigh.

There were more flying lanterns this year than last year, but the organization last year was kind of better. The lights seem to be always the same with little variations, and the fireworks were ok, but the ending was good. These are some of my complaints in this event.

But the only thing that I really regret is that she wasn't there to spend the night with me watching the Christmas event with joy. I know that things have been fuzzy the whole year round, but I really do miss spending time watching simple event like these with my special someone. Things are very slowly getting back together, and I won't rush these things. We will watch all the amazing lights together once again and witness the spectacular fireworks with each other hand-in-hand, side-by-side. It's just that we need to understand each other fully better, no more things to hide, all should be open to one another.

Looking at the lights really reminded me that I am lonely. I am lonely and frustrated for all the happenings that has come upon these past few months. I remember January 4 years ago, when we watched the Dinagyang Firework Contest behind SM City, we were really happy and nothing would stop us. I do want to go back to that state, but we have to take it step by step. The Christmas spirit is upon us, let's get to know each other better again and become closer and stronger. God is with us and will always be watching. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment